Admission to Form One (2018 -2019)
Welcome to our Admission Page and we are very happy to know that you are interested in applying to our school, La Salle College.
Here you will find details of the procedures for admission to Form One in September 2018. There is also information on applying to other Forms. For further enquiries, please contact our school office during school hours at 2338 7171.
As an aided school, admission to Form One in La Salle is regulated by the SSPA System.
Students are admitted either through the discretionary place system or allocated by Government from our feeder school, La Salle Primary or by central allocation.
Admission through Discretionary Places
- Forms can be obtained by post or in person during school office hours or by downloading following this link. A letter of application is required, if you want the Form to be sent by post. The official application period is from the 2nd January 2018 to the 17th January 2018.
- Completed Forms, together with the required documents, must be submitted in person on or before the deadline. No late applications can be accepted.
- All applicants will be notified by phone of the date and time of the interviews. For overseas applicants special arrangements will be made for the timing of the interview.
- No written Tests are given to applicants.
- The following criteria are used in assessing the applicant:
||Conduct, performance in primary school as revealed in internal assessments, extra-curricular activities, awards, teachers' comments in report cards as well as position in discretionary place rank order list (if applicable)
||Performance at interview(s)
- Successful applicants will be notified by the EDB on 10th July 2018.
# Discretionary Places, 2018-2019
Number of Discretionary places:76
- Number of Form 1 classes: 7
- Language Option (French) 2018
Students who have not studied 6 years of the full local EDB Chinese curriculum in their primary school are eligible to apply for taking French instead of Chinese Language at La Salle College i.e. students who have studied an alternative Chinese or Chinese for less than six years are eligible to take French at La Salle College.
La Salle College offers French as a Language option to ensure all students have studied two languages to Form 6 level, a requirement of Hong Kong and most international universities. The College prepares these students for the Cambridge International Examination (CIE) AS French 8682 Exam. However, to fulfill local University requirements, boys studying French and English as their two languages are also required to attain a pass in an alternative recognized Chinese Exam such as GCSE Chinese or IGCSE Chinese.
At La Salle College, boys who have completed six years in a regular Chinese Language class in Primary School studying the full regular Chinese curriculum must take the HKDSE Core Chinese examination. Boys studying French at La Salle College who have not completed six years of the full local EDB Chinese language curriculum in Primary and or School in Hong Kong must take the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Chinese in May of their Form 5 year.
To accommodate both French and an alternative Chinese course, La Salle College offers French as a subject in the timetable and the alternative Chinese course via a combination of timetabled subject time and supplementary tutorials. Students cannot choose French if they are taking regular Chinese and English as their two languages.
Note: Students with special circumstances who do not fit the criteria above may apply in writing to the Principal for special exemption. However, given EDB regulations, exemptions are very rarely approved.
- Application Forms can be obtained in one of the following ways.
(a) By post, with a self-addressed and stamped envelope.
(b) In person, from the school General Office*
(c) Forms can be downloaded following this link
Deadline for returning Application form: 17th January 2018
* School Office hours for distribution of forms: (except Public Holidays and Sundays)
Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 12:00 noon